National Parks at Night
- Lesson Plan
- Feedback Form
Explore the National Parks of the United States and learn their purpose. Teach students about the beautiful world around them and inspire them to help protect it. Do the Engineering a World without Light Pollution lesson after this one.
- 3 Prezi presentations
- Canva Photo Collage Website
- Introduce students to National Parks through this Prezi- What are National Parks?
- Tell students to watch each video that is linked in the Prezi.
- If assigning to students independently, let students know to click through the presentation by using the small arrows at the bottom of the screen.
- Now have students research 3-5 parks they have already been to or would like to visit. There is a list of the national parks at the end of the Prezi. Have them choose a few pictures of these parks.
- Students will create their own collage using their favorite National Parks and add in National Park descriptive words or quotes. Have students use this website to organize their pictures. https://www.canva.com/create/photo-collages/
- Encourage students to use words that are personal. Ask them to think about how a National Park makes them feel.
- Next have students review some reasons National Parks are important with this Prezi- Why are National Parks Important?
- Time to learn about light pollution! Have students go through all the interactive links in this last Prezi- Light Pollution
- Ask students to think about where they live and the National Parks they used in their collage. Is light pollution different in each place? Why? How might this affect the animals and plants living there? Could this be changed? Why or why not? If they think it can ask them to discuss how?
- Students will have an opportunity to create a world without light pollution in the next lesson.